Holding on to old stagnant thinking that has caused us pain and suffering serves no purpose at all. In order to make way for ‘new beginnings’, we need to weed out the old stories we have believed and send them on their way. Dig deep to ensure you remove the weed AND the root!
1. Recognize the Story – Say out loud- ‘Rewrite The Story’!
Make a conscious decision that YOU are in charge of the story of your life – you can reject or accept Scripts as they present to you. Avoid pushing the old script ‘down’ – allow it to flow out of you – stare it in the eye as you thank it for auditioning and advise it that its presence is no longer required.
2. Breathe – Inhale through your nose as you raise your shoulders to your ears…then exhale noisily as you drop your shoulders quickly and flick out your hands.
3. Identify the Feeling – Where does it sit in your body?
4. Smell – Grab the doTERRA essential oil blend to counteract that feeling (if you know the emotional support properties of oils) or choose an oil such as Peace Essential Oil blend to reassure you that you are on the right path. Place a drop on the palms of your hands, rub together and along your shoulders and up both sides of your neck. Cup your hands around your nose and continue the breathing exercise. Thank the ‘feeling’ for the lesson and let it go with love.
5. Touch – Place your hand where you ‘feel’ the emotion and send it love.
6. Sound – Decide WHAT you want to hear – thank the other thoughts and ask them to leave. Listen for your breath, grab your ‘happy’ noises such as harmony ball, chimes, sound bowls, music.
7. Sight – If everything is a blur – focus on just one thing – the pencil on the table – the tree outside – pretend you are adjusting the focus button and zoom in on a leaf and notice intricate details. Zoom back out – what are you seeing now? Find your ‘happy’ sights – family pics, sunsets, nature etc
8. Taste – Run your tongue around your mouth – bring the saliva in – be ‘aware’. Grab a glass of water and intentionally sip, noting how it tastes.
9. Communication – What thoughts are popping into your head? How are they speaking to your inner self? Ask yourself – how do I WANT my inner self to speak to me? What STORY am I NOW going to write and BELIEVE!
10. Journal your discoveries and REWRITE YOUR STORY!
a. Take out Solace Essential Oil blend and anoint your hands, hold to your nose and inhale deeply to bring you comfort in this phase.
- What have you been told about yourself that you have believed?
- What ‘hurts’ are you holding on to?
- What makes you sad?
- What do I want less of?
b. Jot down the unwanted feelings and experiences in your journal as ‘words’ or short phrases.
c. Continue to activate your senses and then…when you have moved into a more relaxed zone, take out your art tools, crayons, paints, textures etc and ‘paint over your pain’. Continue to create beauty from bad times all the while thanking the experiences and letting them go with love.
d. Take out Forgive essential oil blend and add a couple of drops to the page. I find it empowering to recite Hoʻoponopono – ‘I’m sorry, please forgive me, thank you, I love you’ to the collective experiences. Now, look at the page with ‘new eyes’ and see how you have turned mayhem into a masterpiece. (Do not be upset if your emotional state does not progress very much the first time you do this. Consistency is key along with the desire to blossom and grow.)
e. Check back in with your senses regularly and use your props – pictures, music, water etc to ensure you are ‘in touch with your body’ and what it wants to say to you. Note the sensations, the mood shifts, the relaxation of muscles, the tiny surges of hope. Write it all down!
f. Now change your essential oil blend to move you into a ‘new state’. I like to use Motivate or Passion for this phase.
g. Next jot down the feelings and words you WANT to be dominant in your life. (I suggest you ensure ‘gratitude’ features regularly on your pages.)
- What brings me joy?
- What truly matters to me?
- What do I want more of?
- What am I grateful for?
- If I had abundant time and money – what would I do?
h. You may want to choose one area of your life at a time eg family, relationship, career etc – find a process that works for you. The key is to ‘get it out’ – know you are meant for greatness so let all your hopes and dreams flow on to the pages.
i. Next bring out your art tools again. Add photos, snippets of places you want to go, glitter, musical notes – whatever resonates with you! Be playful, smile, find something to laugh about – the more relaxed you are – the more the inspiration will flow! There are NO rules! This is YOUR LIFE story you are journaling – get it all down so the Universe knows what plan it is working on WITH you!
j. Now, take out Cheer Essential oil blend and add a few drops to your new Life Script that oozes abundance and possibility! Sit back with pride and read out loud the words and phrases that direct your inner self to play out your NEW story.
Questions To Ask Yourself To Activate Your Senses
- What can I smell?
- What can I feel?
- What can I see?
- What can I taste?
- What can I hear?
- What can I touch?
The next step is to write your new story and consistently focus on what you want MORE of rather than LESS of to ensure you blossom and grow to fulfil your life purpose.